Well I've decided to do a blog in hopes of keeping some sort of journal per se of what's been happening in the lives of Rachael and I. Currently Rachael is working at a family law firm--Simpson & Gouchay, which she's enjoying more and more I gather. Rachael just recently received a raise from her boss a week or so ago and I believe that gave her a little boost. Rachael is extremely busy given that she works at the Law Firm 5 days a week from 8:30 a.m. to 5;00 p.m. as well as working at a real-estate office every other Saturday between 4-6 hours too! Rachael also keeps busy with her calling as the new beehives advisor in the WestHill Ward where she teaches on the 2-4 Sundays. Rachael also attends mutual on Tuesday nights. She fits right in with the beehives and they already love her enthusiasm and positive attitude.
I'm currently going to school at BYU-I in the nursing program now which I started in January of this year. Winter semester was good where I learned a lot of the basics of nursing. I gained some clinical experience by going to EIRMC, the main hospital in Idaho Falls, as I worked the Medical/Surgical 5th floor each Saturday for about 6 hours. Summer semester just started this week on Tuesday, which I missed because of the stomach flu but was able to attend class on Thursday. Out of the 42 students in my group I was able to finish out the semester as #1 in my class which was a great self-esteem booster for me as well as being a motivational factor to do my best throughout the rest of the program and future career in the health field. This summer semester I'll be doing clinicals at Madison Memorial Hospital (MMH) every Saturday on 12 hour shifts. I'll also be able to do OR, Endoscopy, as well as Dialysis rotations throughout the semester! The professors have mentioned that this semester is by far the most demanding so I hope that I can do my best and succeed. I was called to be a Ward Missionary about a month ago and have been out with the missionaries once. They called me to work specifically with the hispanics because of my ability to speak spanish but I haven't used that ability yet. All in all, things are going well and we're looking forward to the day I finish school....that's a little ways off though. I'm looking at becoming a Nurse Anesthetist which requires work experience in the ICU as well as finishing a 2 1/2 year masters program in anesthesia.
I'm currently going to school at BYU-I in the nursing program now which I started in January of this year. Winter semester was good where I learned a lot of the basics of nursing. I gained some clinical experience by going to EIRMC, the main hospital in Idaho Falls, as I worked the Medical/Surgical 5th floor each Saturday for about 6 hours. Summer semester just started this week on Tuesday, which I missed because of the stomach flu but was able to attend class on Thursday. Out of the 42 students in my group I was able to finish out the semester as #1 in my class which was a great self-esteem booster for me as well as being a motivational factor to do my best throughout the rest of the program and future career in the health field. This summer semester I'll be doing clinicals at Madison Memorial Hospital (MMH) every Saturday on 12 hour shifts. I'll also be able to do OR, Endoscopy, as well as Dialysis rotations throughout the semester! The professors have mentioned that this semester is by far the most demanding so I hope that I can do my best and succeed. I was called to be a Ward Missionary about a month ago and have been out with the missionaries once. They called me to work specifically with the hispanics because of my ability to speak spanish but I haven't used that ability yet. All in all, things are going well and we're looking forward to the day I finish school....that's a little ways off though. I'm looking at becoming a Nurse Anesthetist which requires work experience in the ICU as well as finishing a 2 1/2 year masters program in anesthesia.





No comments:
Post a Comment